My favourite HT upgrade : a whatever-crap-it-was-before-to-BNC-adapter

It’s working! Just had my first QSO on Hubnet via Allstar with some wonderful people helping me to configure my audio levels. This is way more fun than DMR.

Allstar node progress so far:

* CM108 USB soundcard has been modded
* rpi4 is mounted in the case
* two buck converters have been installed (5V and 3,7V)
* enclosure back panel is finished (PowerPole connector and Ethernet port)

Thank you for nothing!

Manufacturer's/distributer's contact information printed on a product: WhatsApp, Facebook and Skype

What's wrong with a simple email address? Email is much more accessible and can be integrated into ticketing systems in order to provide professional support and automatically create a knowledge base.

Today I made an adapter plate for the upper bearing of the tower from a 200x200x5mm aluminum plate.

Now that I have documented everything, it is safe to close all project related tabs 🙈

In english: "close 180 tabs?"

That was a very interesting weekend:

I modded a TYT MD380 so it can be used for M17 (openrtx.org/#/md380_mods), upgraded my MMDVM hat to FW 1.6.0 (which has M17 capabilities), flashed OpenRTX to the MD380 and was able to transmit to a M17 reflector from the HT via the Pi-Star hotspot.

Still can't believe i did not destroy the MD380. The mod did not work at first but the awesome openrtx devs helped me fix it.

The Hardrock-50 Remote Display is making progress. You can now execute shell scripts/programs on the server side or send predefined commands to the HR50 with a short or long push on the built-in button. In my case a short press switches antennas via a USB relay and a long press instructs the tuner to retune during the next transmission.

Server side code runs now threaded so there will be no conflicts of serial commands anymore.

I have to admit that I really don't like ESP/Arduino programming.

Coding a Python application for Windows is a weird experience but now I have a "fancy" tool to control and monitor my Hardrock-50 power amplifier over the network.

And the remote display is working! Next step will be to add some more API methods to alter settings on the PA via the ESP32 board.

Show thread

The server side code is beta enough for production. Now I need to wait for the ESP32 board to arrive the next days.

Show thread

So this is the QSL card I received from the fiverr artist (with some minor edits by me). What do you think?

Trying to find the source of RFI that sporadically locks up my PA‘s controller. Today: shielding everything inside the transceiver that belongs to the data connection between the transceiver and the power amplifier.

3D printers are awesome! Bought a Behringer CMD DC-1 MIDI controller in order to control the software "SDR Console" with proper hardware buttons and knobs. The knob of the main rotary encoder was tiny and is now replaced with a self designed and printed larger VFO style knob.

Finally managed to have all tools and info in one window with the help of tmux. The following data is now available while logging QSOs (bottom of the screen, left to right):

* selected band on the PA
* PEP/Average Power of last transmission
* SWR during last transmission
* temperature reported by the PA

* temperature/humidity inside the rack
* outside temperature/humidity

Data of the power amplifier is queried via a serial port, temp/humidity is gathered with two DHT22 sensors via GPIO pins.

Show older
Mastodon.Radio

Mastodon.Radio is a community space for the Amateur (Ham) Radio community. Come join us and talk radio, technology, and more!